The Cultural Association “Segesta nel Sogno“, concession holder of the management of the Stele by the State Property of Sicily, informs the reopening of the Historical Cultural Site of the Pianto Romano Shrine located in the same district, in the territory of Calatafimi Segesta.
Within the site are located:
• The monument designed by the architect Ernesto Basile, which houses the relics of the fallen Garibaldi and several memorabilia that testify the event;
• The hill where the battle of May 15th 1860 took place between the Garibaldini and the army of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, with which the Italian Risorgimento began;
• The avenue of Remembrances and an air picnic.
Parking is free. The staff is happy to welcome you to visit the site in advance to propose it as a tourist destination.
Adults: 3.00 €
Reduced : 1.50 €
(11-18 years and over 65)
- Every first Sunday of the month;
- For the disabled and their companion;
- For residents in Calatafimi Segesta;
- From 0 to 10 years;
Time of Entry
From 1 October to 31 March
Morning 9:30 am to 1:00 pm
Afternoon 3:00 to 5:00 pm
From 1 April to 30 September
9:30 am to 1:00 pm
3.30 pm to 7.00 pm
Our extraordinary selection of experiences and stories will make your visit and appreciation of the Museum even more pleasant and stimulating.
A visit to discover the historic battle through the exploration of places and the testimony of the original memorabilia.
The guided tours aim to offer a high quality product, developed by specialists of the sector, which is not a “tourist walk”, but an approach to a given theme through the exhibits of the museum.
They organize guided tours for groups of people, schools, companies and tour operators, over 10 units.
Cultural Association “Segesta nel Sogno”
Via Salita Monte Tre Croci, 91013 Calatafimi Segesta (TP) Sicily
Telephone: +39 340 647 6174